Sunday, May 3, 2009

time to confess and to post again :))

all right, i've been gone a long while, but everything is so so!
my life has been full of ups and downs, more ups, but a few downs.
MY biggest weeks full of excitement, happiness, serving and just plain fun was in New Orleans the week of April 11-18th..and the excitement was in March when i was in Europe!
New Orleans' experience was totally gratifying, life changing and brought me that much closer to our Lord and Savior :)
i'll talk more about New Olreans' experience in a few paragraphs..for now i am going to confess one of the biggest weaknesses of my life.
and that's food!
i honestly think i have a food addiction..there i said it..i've been struggling with that for all of my life since i was 15-16..i use food for comfort, loneliness, boredom, being hungry and the list goes on.
I felt yesturday that the Lord wants to get me out of this pit of addiction, i felt his love and peace..BUT what are the steps for fighting this addiction??

yes some of you may tell me, PUT ASIDE the food and step away..honestly it's easier said than done...sometimes it's almost impossible to stop..the other day, 3 nights ago..i bought a sandwich, crackers, and Starbucks ice cream..all was amazing..and no i didn't finish all that i bought..BUT as i was eating the Starbucks ice cream, my body was screaming at me after eating 1/2 the pint to stop..i didn't want to, BUT i stopped only by the grace of God.. usually when eating the pint, i'll finish the whole thing no problem.baby steps though you know?!!
and the only reason why i ate 1/2 of it was because God was also begging for me to stop!! Ahh the power and glory of God that HE in his mighty glory even still intervenes into our small stuff..but YES He helped me with that.
i just need an answer from you my friends here online, where can I get help for this addiction????
i tried everything, i tried weight watchers many times, diet pills long ago, Overeaters Anonymous 2-3 times, and such...is there maybe a christian organization that fights food addictions??

does anyone know??

because in my honest oppinion & humble oppinion people with alcohol, cigarrette, and drug addictions can be done with it easier, first they can go to AA and go to rehab for 1 month and then avoid bars, raves, drugs etc..but food is everywhere i go, i also work around FOOD..i work in a store near a lot of chips, food, ice cream..i need guidance and direction..can anyone pls HELP ME???

i already did the first step to recovery, i admit that i have a problem..
now i need to get help..not sure how..:(

i may need to see a nutritionist that may help me eat better..but the underlying issues that make me overeat need to be dealt with and soon!!

i've regained some weight since Jan/Feb about 14-15 pounds..!! yikes!

well there goes the confession, now i feel better :)

p.s. About New Orleans it was such an amazing week! I felt like i was where God wanted me to be, i enjoyed my time serving and growing closer to God and to the people of New Orleans..it was purely amazing :) and i made many great Christian friends on the trip too :) it was life changing, and sweet! i took 1-2 weeks to readjust being back home..the first days were so hard..they are still hard...but it's easier now..but the food is taking over..please keep me in prayer over my food issues. because i don't purge nor undereat..i just overeat, and some days i have binges..like 2 days ago!!!

please keep me in prayer :)

and throgh it all...I know God is good, and He'll carry me through and i'll come out stronger from this later on..i know this will be part of my testimony someday :)
i may be able to minister to other girls who struggle with food issues, i know God will take care of tbis part of my life..i need to give it OVER to him, and lay it at the Cross..:)

well bye all, i'll try to post soon!

It may be a little while before i post again because next week i have my college finals..well bye bye!! LOVE & HUGS to all!

xoxoxo

In His Love, Jane.

6 Comments:

Blogger HIS daughter said...

I am praying so hard for you Jane...I think that you have made the right 1st step! Now I think it just comes down to surrender...daily, hourly, sometimes by the second...I will be praying so hard for you :)
Love and hugs :)

May 4, 2009 at 8:41 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth J. said...

Hey, I'm new to your blog but am commenting anyway.=^)

May 6, 2009 at 1:54 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Hey,
I REALLY like your blog! That is something that I REALLY struggle with too. Thank you for being such an encouragement! I am now going to be praying for you! Have a GREAT week!

In Christ,
~Dan

May 11, 2009 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I will be praying for you. I have lost 30 lbs in one year using WW. They teach you how to control your hunger. I have a thyroid problem so anything I do as far as my weight is a struggle so I know where you are coming from. I think it's hard to admit that we have a eating disorder but you have and I have now we have to do something about it. God will always be there for us no matter what. Keep up the Faith! Love ya. Lisa

May 15, 2009 at 4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jane,

This is Kristin from The Faithful Fashionista, and I thought I'd swing by to answer your question. :)

You don't have to purchase anything from Nomsa to enter the giveaway...all you have to do is tell me which item of theirs you like best, basically so I can make sure that people are visiting their store.

You've already told me your favorite product, so you're entered! Winners will be posted on June 1st.

God bless!
Kristin

May 30, 2009 at 1:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am thinking and praying for you!
Thank you for sweet comment. You are a Blessing to me.
Love andhugs. Lisa

May 31, 2009 at 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home