Sunday, October 12, 2008

A lot on my mind today...

Hi my blogging friends..a lot is on my mind today...i have a heavy and a sad heart tonight that most people in Africa live on less than $1 per day..less than one dollar!!! Can you believe that?!?!
i heard a lot tonight at church about this dillema in Rawanda..so much so that i feel sad and a little hopeless about the genocide that happened there in 1994, within 100 days almost 1 million Tutzis were killed..i think it was roughly 800,000 lives were lost..those are statistics but lives were shattered and some were healed...It's so hard to describe everything that we heard and saw at church today..Our pastor interviewed a couple from Rawanda and they both told their wonderful stories of courage, hope and redemption and about forgiveness too..then we watched a 45 minute documentry about life in Rawanda after the genocide..it all sounds so sad, people were killed YES and i'm soo sad over it..YET something miraculous and wonderful has happened too, there are organizations and churches in Rawanda that have organized times in prison where prisoners who killed many innocent Tutzis were asked if they'd be interested in confessing their sins and then going and meeting their victims face to face and asking for forgiveness..It was soo amazing the movie concentrated on 2 women, one forgave quickly her enemy who killed most of her family...and the perpetrator after she said that she forgave him, HE and others in the village helped to build her new HOME!! now they live side by side...in peace,..Isn't that amazing??? AMEN AMEN again =)) the story of another woman unfolded too, her father got killed, and her perpetrator came to her with a priest and a few others and he asked her to forgive also, And she flat out refused...Of course i understand her pain and turmoil..but i was soo happy to see by the end of the movie that Chantel(the one whose father was murdered) i was so happy and amazed that 6 months after meeting her perpetrator for the first time, she finally let go and forgave..Main message tonight in our church with the interview and movie was that we need to forgive LET Go and forgive *that's my motto* LOL
But seriously, we in America are so blessed..we are soo blessed to have food on the table, to have a roof over our heads, to have a car, to have a job to have clothes to have a computer IF any of you have all these things than thank God for this today and PRAISE His Holy Name. =)) And remember that word forgiveness??
I have a lot of people to forgive in my life. A lot of them. And it's hard to let go and forgive..but when i see people that lost FAR more than i ever have forgiving than it's my part and my duty to God and to my family to forgive each grievance that was given to me.
One of my hardest people to forgive is my stepfather..i live with my mom and him and he and i usually get along OK usually sometimes though he picks on me mercilessly and mostly about my weight and about stuff just to bother me..And it's so hard to each and every single day to forgive, let go and move on..how can i do that???
When it's not 1 sin against me, but 1,000...any ideas anyone??
Please leave me a comment with any suggestions on how i can ignore him and forgive him.
I'd love to forgive him but my strength to do it fails me..So i need divine Help..and you all can help by praying for me, and leaving a comment with your suggestions, advice and prayers =))

Another thing happened to me long ago, i won't go on about this online, it's something very personal that someone did..and i need to forgive that person/s and just let God deal with it and let HIM take care of it...once again i need to forgive..i think it was very good that i went to church tonight ...it made me think and it made me feel and it made me write this post =))
i'm so so sorry this was soooo long! But i had a lot on my mind..LOL didn't i warn you all? hehe

Ok here is the verse for the day and then that will be it for tonight =))

Jeremiah 29:11-14 (NIV Version)---one of my favorite passages in the bible =))

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."

Ok this is all for tonight, sorry this was so long! please leave a comment with advice i'd appreciate it so much! Take care lovely friends! Blessings & HUGS to all!
have a wonderful week everyone!

XoXoXo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home