Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bible Illuminated..OR is it even a bible at all?? be warned this may be long =))

Hi ya all...how are you all this fine Saturday? I'm well yet i'm so angry and sad over what this world is coming to...There is a new bible that just came out..and bewarned this is not a bible at all, more like a magazine with scripture mixed in and photos of celebrities. i just think it's sad and disgusting that God's word is being mocked. And as it says in the bible if you add or take away a word in the bible, that person will be cursed. Heavy words yet it's true..No one should make a beautiful bible the Word of God a magazine material for the X-Generation..Yes a lot of people in this day and age may enjoy this kind of bible, but they are not seeing the REAL thing which was paid with a price on the Cross. We were bought with a price..with Blood, our savior's blood. And that is not to be mocked. BUT celebrated that WE are free free to be forgiven for our sins, even i'm the worst of sinners YET i was saved by God's grace..Amen..It just makes me so mad that others will make a new version of the bible with photos of Angelina Jolie and other celebrities, it just diminishes God's word..and i just find it deplorable that this happened. YET we all must be careful to pass the Right versions of the bible to our children. The clean wonderful WORD which include some of the versions, are: King James, NIV, NASB, English Standard( i think that's the name of it i may be saying it wrong)..Yet i gotta also mention yet another version that most people don't take too seriously...The "Message" version...Yes i don't read just the "Message" as the only version in my life i read others..like NIV and NASB and others..but sometimes i like to look at Message..it has such fresh interesting bible perspective, it gives me different new ways of looking at the bible..Even the author of the Message said that it's a paraphrase of the bible, but there is beauty to it..THOUGH it should not be read as your only source of bible reading..but you can check it out..It's amazing in my view..THOUGH like i said priorly refer to the regular bible more often =))

Also here is the link to the article about the Bible Illuminated that looks more like a magazine US, or People...here it is:

http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2008/10/08/flashy-bible-seeks-to-inspire-the-adhd-generation/?icid=200100397x1210957001x1200696012

definitely check it out and leave a comment there are so many comments already made on the article, there were over 400 i didn't have time to look at them all, but some of the commenters are agnostic or atheist..pray for these lost ones and leave a comment with full of hope, love and joy that you find in Jesus..thanks =))
ok enough rambling for today =))
Have a wonderful blessed and joyful weekend!

Another verse for the day....My life verse =))

2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (NIV Version)

7To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.---

Have a great night!
Love and blessings and hugs to all!

XoXoXo

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Hey girl,
Great post!! You go girl!! Its so sad they bring the bible down to putting celebrities in it:( I take all my answers from the king james bible, but I like to read NIV and i think my sister has the messege one you mentioned, i like to read them so I can understand what is being said, they help me understand it better, the translations help me learn better on something i don't understand what is being said, so I agree with you on that:) but this new bible has gone to far..I too wished you lived near me so you could attend campmeeting it would be so much fun!!

October 11, 2008 at 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home